- Full Time
Hearst Television is seeking an aggressive associate producer to join its Washington Bureau. The Washington Bureau is responsible for covering breaking news, politics, health, consumer, and special projects for Hearst stations, as well as major event coverage such as political conventions, election coverage.
• Booking and coordinating reporter live shots, news feeds, and video for reporter packages.
• Field producing interviews for reporters and booking satellite time.
• Coordinating material from our stations and maintaining video archive material.
• Assisting with group breaking news needs and helping coordinate live shots and feed material from our stations.
Qualified candidates should be able to react and adapt to breaking news while coordinating 5+ hours of continuous live coverage. Versatility is a must as associate producers handle a wide range of topics and subjects, be up-to-date on current events and work well in a team dynamic. Strong editorial, writing and technical skills a must.
Qualified candidates should have a journalism background, and previous experience (either employment or internship) in a local newsroom or news bureau.
• Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.