PR Coordinator, CNBC Primetime
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: PR & Communications
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of two (2) years, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The PR Coordinator will support the CNBC Primetime PR Department with administrative and operational responsibilities. By day, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news. By night, CNBC in primetime is an entertainment network with a programming slate that is an extension of CNBC’s distinct brand. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
Responsibilities of the PR Coordinator could include, but are not limited to:
• Perform administrative support tasks, including phone coverage, manage billing, update press website, coordinate screeners/mailings, maintain editorial calendars, update press lists, compiling daily clips and coverage reports, back-up help for the department's press managers, and other assignments as required.
• Support department with daily media requests and act as network source of information on programs.
• Keep team apprised of all breaking news and monitor news and social media for all network and series related coverage.
• Assist with talent press junkets in booking travel and creating schedules. Assist with press junkets, print interviews, set visits, photo shoots and broadcast and production related activities.
• Collect and write monthly listings, highlights and manage dissemination of photos, captions and press releases.
• Assist in the creation of show press materials, programming releases and planning of special events including the semi-annual TCA press tour and launch parties.
• Develop positive relationships with press, talent and their representatives, producers, production staff and programming executives in order to assist dept. in maximizing press coverage and minimizing crises.
• Work closely with CNBC Primetime team to present the network and its programming in the most favorable light.
• Bachelors degree
• Minimum 1 year experience in publicity / communications, ideally in television communications
• Minimum 1 year experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more!
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.