We are searching for a creative and self-motivated individual to join the Penguin Random House Sales team as a Field Sales Manager! The ideal candidate will be located within the New York City Metro area and will be responsible for selling Crown and Random House Group adult titles to accounts located in NYC Metro territory. The Field Sales Manager will maintain knowledge of the publishing brands and titles, account base, and customer needs and liaise information between the accounts and internal sales team.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Selling front list titles and positioning backlist titles to maximize sales growth within the assigned territory.
* Communicating regularly with Regional Sales Directors and internal sales teams.
* Completing and submitting regular call reports.
* Coordinating with the in-house sales teams and Penguin Random House sales counterparts on growing sales opportunities.
* Attending sales meetings and conferences to provide territory feedback and title suggestions.
Presenting titles to key accounts on Rep Nights, staff presentations, etc.
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of 3 years of publishing sales experience, including direct selling
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong follow-up skills
* Ability to think creatively and recognize new sales opportunities or account prospects
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to travel to accounts regularly via car; driver’s license required
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley Books, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at penguinrandomhouse.com.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.