Director of Digital Ad Operations
- Full Time
AFAR Media is looking for a proactive, level-headed, adaptable and solutions-oriented Director of Digital Ad Operations to set strategy and manage digital revenue operations in New York. This is an opportunity to help drive strategic direction of our online revenues by setting rate cards, inventory protocols and yield management as well as working with the digital product team on new packages and programs. You’ll lead our ad ops team of campaign managers and sales planners in best in class development of high-margin programs and campaign executions that keep ad partners coming back for more.
AFAR is moving quickly, has big plans for the future, and is searching for someone as determined as we are who will thrive in our fast-paced and ever-changing environment. If you need constant direction and predictability, this is probably not the position for you.
Afar.com is a hybrid media site designed to take discerning travelers from inspiration to action. We provide editorially curated guides, organized by destination and topic, useful travel news and inspiring travel stories alongside tools that help travelers actually plan their trips.
- Partner with digital, sales and marketing teams to craft new, high-margin, saleable programs
- Regularly provide deep analysis of all products, inventory, traffic, and market demand to identify opportunities for revenue growth
- Work with vendors, marketing, tech to develop new digital capabilities and products to take to market
- Lead the Ad Operations team in setting priorities and managing day-to-day operations, including trafficking, QA, campaign implementation and reporting in alignment with client expectations
- Provide revenue forecasts and ensure timely delivery of all DFP and non-DFP line items.
- Act as a strategic partner and provide consultation to clients on the correct setup of campaigns, tagging of clients’ sites, and the use of web technologies to meet client needs
- Oversee process for proper implementation and launch of all advertising campaigns across leading ad-serving platforms
- Provide expertise and solutions for all advertising implementation and execution related questions from internal teams
- Key contact for campaign escalations (step in to resolve major fire drills)
- Work with tech and operations to ensure Afar meets all industry standards and is following IAB guidelines re: TAG compliance, viewability, etc.
- Participate in brainstorms on large RFPs to ensure feasibility of execution and provide site performance expertise
- Lead development and regular updates of rate card and business rules
- Provide effective yield management to maximize revenues against available inventory
- Prioritize trafficking assignments to ensure efficiency across all campaigns
- 7+ years digital media experience required
- BA/BS with industry emphasis or related digital experience
- Proven track record of successfully managing and leading teams of operators (ad ops, campaign managers, planners)
- Proven track record of working to develop or implement new products, strategies, or technology
- Deep understanding of industry trends and issues facing digital publishers
- Experience providing senior management or executive level analysis and reporting
- Experience with first party ad servers and verification vendors; DFP required
- Deep experience with third party ad servers and verification vendors such as DFA, Sizmek, IAS, and Double Verify
- Familiarity with the programmatic landscape, direct experience preferred.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Goal oriented with strong drive to learn and constantly improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work successfully both independently and within a team environment, proven track record of working closely with other department leaders