Edits the newscast and prioritizes edit needs as the newscast crunch approaches
- Edit vo's, vo/sot's and packages, special opens and teases for fast-paced newscast
- Edit special projects
- Manage news edit crunch. Prioritize schedule so every story makes the newscast on time.
- Edit daily webcast and send to web as needed
- Read newspapers daily
- Suggest news stories daily
- Position requires performance of other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- At least 2 years experience as a video editor in a news operation
- Familiarity with Final Cut a plus
- Ability to take control and manage the news edit crunch
- Must be a take charge, team player, with a good attitude
Company InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV, and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel.