Location: Miami, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Meet with Producer and Area Managers to review production schedule, as well as editorial content for upcoming shows. Coordinate specific production and staffing needs for broadcasts, including editing and control room areas, technical production and art departments.Verify that all in-show production elements are ready for air, with special attention to sponsored elements. Review traffic instructions leading up to the broadcast. Prepare original editorial content for the show, including but not limited soccer tactical analysis, selecting, translating and transcribing sound bites and footage for a piece. Prepare research for stories or segments as needed. Supervise scripts (including occasional writing) and the editing of a story.Meet with show director and technical crew to go over show details. Meet with show staff to verify production assignments. Prepare and fact-check all show graphics and segments.Field Produce stories and remote productions; assist with live shots as needed.Attain a complete knowledge of all show elements; how they work and how they are applied within the various shows.Provide story ideas and offer suggestions to improve broadcasts on a regular basis. Research stories and produce sweeps series as needed.Prepare scripts and materials for cross-promotional purposes and for use by digital media department and network affiliates. Produce sports briefs, halftime reports, other sports segments for quality control and content across broadcast and digital platforms.
• Expertise and understanding of sports content with an emphasis on Mexican and International soccer, US domestic sports and boxing for US Hispanic market.
• Minimum three years of control room experience (live & taped programs) with an emphasis in graphics and segment producing.
• Minimum three years of experience working in broadcast television.
• A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Broadcasting or Radio/TV/Film from an accredited university or collage.
• Proficiency in production programs such as INEWS, MS Office, Avid Interplay, etc.
• Knowledge of soccer tactical analysis tool VIZRT Libero Vision.
• Proven experience and proficiency in editing, writing and production
• Ability to interact effectively with all sports operations personnel and specific department personnel who can impact the daily operations of the assignment desk assistant.
• Demonstrated organizational skills. Able to work effectively in a high pressure environment without direct supervision.
• Ability to multi-task and follow directions from various members of the team.
• Ability to communicate in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
• Must be able to represent the department and company in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.