Junior Production Designer
- Full Time
Founded in 1842, the New York Philharmonic is the oldest symphony orchestra in the United States, and one of the oldest in the world. Each season the Philharmonic connects with up to 50 million music lovers through live concerts in New York City and on its worldwide tours and residencies as well as with its digital recording series; international broadcasts on television, radio, and online; and as a resource through its varied education programs and expansive digital archive.
The New York Philharmonic seeks a Junior Production Designer to join the new Design Services team in developing print and digital materials across various departments. The Junior Production Designer will report into the Production Designer and will assist in the production of creative assets through multiple channels, as well as create standards and best practices for the internal design department workflows. The ideal candidate will have an extreme attention to detail, a self-starter attitude, and the flexibility to work across multiple formats.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the design and development of marketing print and digital materials including Print and OOH advertisements, catalogs, brochures, direct mailers, e-mails, standard banner advertisements, web content, social media content, and more.
- Work closely with the Production Designer and key stakeholders to ensure brand standards are met and kept consistent across all creative materials.
- Oversee the preparation of materials to ensure quality of production prior to delivery of final assets.
- Assist the Production Designer in the development of creative concepts through execution.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of print and digital production design experience with proficient knowledge of print production techniques and file preparations for web. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office is essential. Strong sense of layout design, page composition, and typography required. S/he must have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and track details of multiple projects without compromising quality. Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail is essential. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
The New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick days, 403(B) plan match, commuter benefits, and more.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.