Associate Producer, Nightly News
Location: Washington, D.C., Washington D.C.
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Assist with full scope of production including research, booking, and pre-interviewingWrite and produce segments and live shotsGather visual elements and assist with editing for segment productionCoordinate with technical and operations staff and outside resources selected by producers
As an associate producer for Nightly News, you will work directly with producers and senior producers to help pitch, write and produce news content for broadcast.
• Must have at least five years’ editorial experience working in production at the network level, preferably with evening television.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Must be proficient in Outlook and iNews
• Must be willing and able to travel and work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Washington, DC
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• DV shooting experience
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.