Penguin Random House is seeking a Designer to work on mass market, trade paperback, and hardcover titles across multiple commercial fiction imprints in the Penguin Publishing Group division.
The Designer will be responsible for creating original designs under the supervision of the Design Director. The Designer will also prepare instructions for compositors to match established series designs, create reduction and rerun samples for titles moving into new formats, and provide specifications for reprint corrections.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Creating and managing original designs for titles across multiple imprints, genres, and formats.
* Preparing compositor instructions for new titles in a series with an established design.
* Creating reduction and rerun samples for titles moving into new formats.
* Corresponding with compositors to answer design queries and to meet target page count requirements.
* Providing specifications for reprint corrections.
* Creating designs for 1-color photo inserts, which includes generating final PDF for printing.
* Reviewing digital and hardcopy art to ensure it meets printer specifications.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.