Circulation Operations Associate
- Full Time
Founded in 1922, Foreign Affairs is published by the Council on Foreign Relations, which is a leading independent, national membership organization and nonpartisan center for scholars dedicated to producing and disseminating foreign policy ideas. Foreign Affairs publishes insightful commentary on global politics, diplomacy, and economics from experts with a wide range of views.
Reporting to the Circulation Operations Director, Foreign Affairs, the Circulation Operations Associate is excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in hands-on experience executing marketing campaigns and learning direct to consumer best practices.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinate production specifications and execution instructions for customer acquisition efforts such as direct mail, insert cards and Holiday gift promotions.
- Coordinate all direct to consumer mail campaigns (ongoing, seasonal and one-off) with third party lettershop and fulfillment partners.
- Insure setup and execution of customer segmentation, pricing, marketing series and promotional codes for customer acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Coordinate programming and customization projects with our fulfillment vendor.
- Serve as point person for monthly performance reporting across all customer acquisition and retention sources for senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. business, marketing, operations) with high academic achievement
- 1+ years of related experience (e.g. publishing, media, marketing, or a related industry)
- Strong written and verbal communication; strong analytical skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and project management experience; highly proficient in Excel
- Results-oriented self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Proven knowledge of and interest in international relations and foreign policy strongly preferred
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.