- Full Time
WTKR News3 in Norfolk, VA has an opening for a news producer.
We are looking for a creative, visionary producer with a proven track record. We want someone who is a fierce competitor and likes to win.
In addition to the standard duties of a producer (write, gather information, select stories, decide order and treatment of stories), the producers of the WTKR newsroom are responsible for developing an overall style and identity for their assigned newscast with a keen focus on building the station’s brand.
We’re not looking for a show stacker, we’re looking for a person who will bring a daily vision for their newscasts to the newsroom and a clear plan on how they’re going to deliver on that vision.Responsibilities
- Writing: Consistently writing factual/accurate, clear, compelling, easy-to-understand, news stories and teases, making maximum use of video, graphics, live shots, and all the tools available to achieve superb story telling.
- Aggressive Response to Breaking News: On air, online, and on social media platforms.
- Successfully Produce 1 or more Newscasts Daily: Newscasts should be executed with out on air errors and meet all deadlines prior to air, including timing of newscast, executing changes as needed
- Utilization of Graphics: Able to select appropriate graphics to help explain and showcase stories while reinforcing station branding, and enhancing storytelling by use and placement
- Suggestion & Development of Story Ideas: Coordinates with team to develop story ideas and offers innovative suggestions for story coverage, reduces repetition of stories from newscast to newscast, digs for new information to advance stories, generates unique content for assigned newscast, understands newscast audience make-up
- Post Web/Social Media Content: All producers are expected to support the various digital platforms of wtkr.com by posting informative and engaging content.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to type, use computers, and other such equipment. Strong command of the English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to work under pressure and deadlines. Good communication skills and team-building skills. Ability to multi-task.
#TBMBCompany InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV, and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel.