About Your Role:
Would you love to showcase your design acumen to an audience of 100 million each month? Dotdash is seeking a talented, enthusiastic and editorially-savvy UI/UX Designer to join our Product Team and instill excellence through the creation of rich, highly-visual user experiences across our award-winning brands.
About Your Contributions:
- See designs through to fruition by collaborating directly with Content, Product, and Engineering teams—ensuring quality and a consistent, premium visual experience
- Serve as design lead in the prototyping, creation, and production of our suite of content blocks and layouts for Dotdash’s brands.
- Assess user interface challenges and come up with innovative design solutions that meet business goals
- Conduct user tests and competitive analyses— collect, share, and convert findings into tangible designs
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications, and communicate scenarios and end-to-end experiences to stakeholders
- Create and maintain design specifications and style guides
- 2-3 years in a design role at a digital publisher or agency with a strong focus on user interface and user experience
- A demonstrated understanding of design, usability, user testing and research best practices and standards
- Excellent conceptual and design skills, including typography, color, composition, visual hierarchy, forms, data displays and interface design
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends and best practices in digital media and user experience design
- Ability to work with business stakeholders to define user needs and develop high-level requirements
- Editorial / Content design experience is required
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions intelligently, and by any means necessary (from sketching to light mocks to partnering with developers and designing directly within the browser)
- Understanding of Atomic Design methodology
- Ability to communicate ideas and reasoning to non-technical and non-creative audiences
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of cultural awareness
- Degree in Interactive Design, Communication Design, or related field preferred
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.