Penguin Random House Audio, a division of Penguin Random House LLC, is seeking an experienced Web Developer to develop, maintain, and enhance Penguin Random House Audio websites. We are looking for a well-rounded and self-motivated individual that will stay up-to-date with the latest web technologies and standards. The ideal candidate will be able to successfully complete tasks that range from coding a simple html form to writing complex database queries.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Working with an agile team to build, test, and maintain web-based applications for cross platform devices including desktop, mobile, and tablet.
* Developing and testing applications in accordance with established standards.
* Writing well-designed, maintainable, testable, efficient code.
* Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time.
* Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
* Working with teammates in maintenance tasks and upgrading on existing systems.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* 4 year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
* Experience working with different frameworks (Zend, Codeingitor, Laravel)
* Proven understanding of usability, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, and security
* Experience with web analytics (Google, Adobe)
* Familiarity with SEO and how it affects implementation
* Excellent attention to detail
* Highly organized with the ability to successfully work on multiple projects at a time
* Ability to communicate and provide support with non-technical users
* Familiarity with Agile and Scrum process a plus
* Experience using social APIs (Facebook Open Graph, Twitter) a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.