Internship Job Description: Photo & Marketing Intern
At Vector Media we go a little something like this... We’re redefining outdoor media with a contemporary mix of media assets and experiences that cut through the clutter and foster lasting connections. We help brands tell better stories and have a little fun in the process.
Photo Intern. This internship is paid.
Vector Media seeks a dynamic and creative self-starter to assist with photographing outdoor advertising media, experiential marketing events, and editing and processing images. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a well-known Out-of-Home Advertising company. If bouncing around Manhattan taking photos, editing and organizing in Lightroom & working in a fast-paced environment sounds like something you’re into-- this internship is for you.
- A good amount of time will be spent out in the market shooting various media forms around Manhattan including buses, billboards, and occasionally experiential events.
- Assist with daily photo requirements for ‘Proof of Performance’ reports.
- Maintain the online photo database, and work with the marketing team to get all clients images they need before the deadline arrives.
- Assist with administrational duties related to photography needs
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas and directions for marketing and communications
Online photography portfolio demonstrating photographic skills is required for consideration. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop CS6/CC and Adobe Lightroom is essential. Knowledge of Illustrator and InDesign is a major plus!
- Able to operate a DSLR for shooting on the streets of Manhattan, and comfortable with navigating around Manhattan on foot/via subway even if it's cold outside!
- Must be flexible, able to think on your feet, problem solve on the spot and adapt to changing situations or last-minute requests.
- Thorough worker and especially attentive to details.
- Quick learner, self-motivated, strong sense of professionalism, good organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Tech-savvy with ability to work quickly when deadlines arise
- Enrolled in or recently graduated from a program in the field of marketing/communications/photography or related.
Position open until filled, requires at least a 3-month commitment with opportunity for extension.
30 hours per week starting ASAP. Must be willing to occasionally work nights or weekends for experiential marketing events. Internship compensation is $13/ hour.
Vector Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
NO CALLS PLEASE
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- Event Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe InDesign: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Required)
- United States (Required)