- Full Time
We’re looking for a dynamic video storyteller with exceptional editing and production ability. Candidates will produce multiple news and feature videos daily, as well as long-term. Must also aggregate videos from other sources to meet video goals. They will need to work comfortably with content teams to help transition ideas of “word people” to the visual medium. Candidates will also need to work with veteran photojournalists to transform their raw copy into polished videos. Candidates must be able to develop own ideas and shoot and produce own videos. Candidates must be adept in working with social media to maximize visual presentation and audience outreach. Candidates must be able to adapt to an ever-evolving news environment, remain cognizant of trends and identify better ways to reach and cultivate a video audience. Must be able to manage time effectively and produce accurate quality visual content quickly. Collaboration, communication and people skills are a must.
JOB DUTIES & TASKS:
- Edit video (raw from photojournalists or own video shot in studio or on- location)
- Shoot and edit high-quality video
- Edit quick “photo-and-text” video
- Ability to shoot and edit for multiple social media platforms
- Create multiple videos daily
- Collaborates effectively with others.
- Works closely with primary videographer.
- Has a working understanding of the technologies used to publish content digitally.
- Aggregate videos from assorted sources.
- Post visual (photo and video) content on social media
- Place videos on stories.
- Monitor video placement on websites.
- Monitor social media for video trends
- Track video performance to maximize traffic potential.
- Ensures that all content has the best image presentation.
- Work with audience specialists on website needs
- Uses time effectively and efficiently.
- Handles assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Stays up-to-date on news and emerging trends.
- Monitors competing publications, wires and Web sites.
- Keeps up with technology trends in producing and gathering visuals.
- Handles other assignments as needed, showing flexibility and adaptability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Excellent time-management skills.
Able to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced news environment.
Highly creative, stickler for accuracy, attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Proficient in Premier Pro
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing