Regional Sales Director
- Full Time
Gamut, a subsidiary of CoxMedia Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focusedon connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, acrossall platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL, empoweradvertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free optionsand maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid downby our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertisingcampaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space withdata, insights and quality inventory. For more information on Gamut,please visit: https://gamut.media/.
We are looking for a positive and dynamic leader to lead its West Coast sales efforts. Are you a strategic thinker and natural problem solver with a desire to coach and develop talent?Do you believe in the motto, “We compete with our brands, but win with our people"?Gamut is looking for an energetic sales leader with a high business acumen to grow our West Coast sales.
- Establish yourself as a knowledge leader in the marketplace and internally as it relates to strategies and tactics to push client results.
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow, and maintain territory account list driving advertising revenue through direct sales (prospecting, closing new business and managing renewals) within account list.
- Coach account executive(s) working throughout the west coast, developing talent and insuring accountability and results.
- Meet and exceed a quarterly sales quota
- Build strategic agency and client side relationships to secure revenue growth and build credibility in the marketplace
- Partner with internal teams (planning, operations, analytics, marketing etc) to understand needs and best practices to insure optimal results for clients.
- Identify, understand and communicate trends within client markets and industries
- Ability to listen well to client needs and develop advertising programs that exceed their expectations
- Think creatively, sell strategically, multitask and communicate efficiently both internally and externally
- Ability to manage sales pipeline, utilize salesforce.com and project sales on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- BS/BA degree required
- 4-6 years of digital advertising sales experience, 8 years total sales work experience
- Must have a strong understanding of the LA and West coast marketplace with client & agency relationships
- Experience selling at the national and local levels
- Additional experience working in the ad network space is a plus. Previous experience working at an agency in a media planning role is preferred
- Proven track record of continued business development, profitable sales, relationship building and customer retention
- Experience selling programmatic and understanding of programmatic landscape preferred
Consistently exceed sales quotas at an individual contributor level
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with experience solution selling, and with high business acumen
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-CA-Los Angeles-5670 Wilshire Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing