HBO Senior Publicist - HBO Media Relations (Sports)
- Full Time
Senior Publicist will handle media relations and publicity initiatives and responsibilities associated with the programming generated and produced by HBO Sports.
- Handle media relations and publicity initiatives and responsibilities associated with the programming generated and produced by HBO Sports.
- Write, pitch, develop press opportunities and plan special event activities such as premiere screenings and press conferences for HBO Sports.
- Manage TV, radio, print and digital press requests and activities for HBO Sports broadcast talent, including Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.
- Manage coordination and participation among various partners and stakeholders in the publicity activation phase of HBO Sports documentary, reality series, magazine shows and special event presentations.
- Mine out new press opportunities to help extend HBO Sports programming beyond the traditional core audience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years related experience media, PR or communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage press requests on deadline and pitch programming.
- Appetite for working on cutting edge programming that requires out-of-the-box thinking.
- Solid understanding of the sports media landscape on the web, radio and print.
- Ability to work closely with our programming content providers.
- Well organized and resourceful self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment.