Associate/Senior Content Marketing Manager
The WeAreTeachers team is seeking an Associate or Senior Content Marketing Manager with extensive experience developing content for K-12 students and teachers, including lesson plans, posters, landing pages, articles, emails and other materials. This is a contract position with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time hire.
In coordination with the creative director, the Senior Content Marketing Specialist will be responsible for leading the creative development and execution of sponsored educational materials, for both consumer and education brands. He or she will write, assign and edit sponsored content pieces each week and collaborate with the design, video, and social content teams.
Quick pace and heavy deadlines—but great rewards too like working from your home office, collaborating with an inspiring team across three time zones and above all, knowing that you are making a difference for educators and kids.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver and strategic thinker who is self-motivated, well-organized, and proactive, with exceptional communication skills. This position allows for a lot of creative freedom and will enable you to wear many hats. Strong writing, editing, social media skills are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong writing skills—with demonstrated experience in short-form, Internet-savvy writing
- Minimum of 5 years experience in publishing, agency, content development—ideally for an educator, parent or children's audience
- Deep knowledge of the education landscape, with the ability to examine issues from the role of a classroom teacher
- Passion for social media (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram)
- Experience with SEO optimization and content management systems
- Experience with Wordpress, Sproutsocial, Google Analytics, and working within a project management systems preferred
- An ability to communicate brand voice and mission
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with colleagues and clients
What you'll do:
- Develop, write, and edit engaging sponsored content for our educator audience.
- Work collaboratively with an amazing team of talented editors, writers, and designers.
Interested? Send us your resume and cover letter with all of the following:
- Links to online portfolio/work samples
-Your connection to K-12 education
- Why you think this would be the perfect fit for you