Production Design Manager - Night Shift
- Full Time
PRODUCTION DESIGN MANAGER – Night Shift
Small National Media Company searching for detailed, multitasking Production Design Manager skilled in newspaper print production and design to work from their fast paced downtown New York Office from Sunday through Thursday 2 to 10PM.
Ideal candidates will, understand the fast-paced, newsroom environment, and have guts to take on the responsibility to put the final product to bed. Candidates also must display a strong instinct for problem solving, a sense of urgency.
- Process all creative and editorial pages to meet our printer’s PDF standards and file in our in-house archive
- Layout of Editions to meet our advertiser’s placement requirements and Metro’s ad ratio requirements
- Send print orders to our printers
- Designing news and sports pages.
- Upload e-reader editions and covers
- Sending of layout dummies so Editorial can plan for space requirements
- Update Metro.US website with daily covers
- Communication with Traffic and Editorial about layout and ad changes
- Communication with outside vendors about special projects
- Good eye for detail and Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in newspaper or magazine production
- BA/BS in Graphic Design or related field.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC - Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat & InDesign
- Proficient in print production, prepress and design