- Full Time
Reports To: Chief Photographer
Skilled, quick, talented photographer who has the ability to shoot and edit in the field and run live E.N.G trucks.
This candidate must be familiar with new technology that enables news organizations to shoot and transmit live pictures with or without microwave or satellites.Responsibilities
- Photograph and edit news stories, special events and live shots
- Operate ENG cameras and editing equipment
- Operate ENG Microwave live van, setting up live shots.
- Operate Station vehicles with valid driver’s license
- Understand the use of lighting, audio and editing techniques as required in news production.
- Shooting video in a news helicopter
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- Five+ years of television news experience
- Expert at editing Final Cut Pro and using Sony Cameras PMW-EX3, PMX-320, PXW-X320.
- Knowledge of IP technology
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and have an excellent and clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift, run and carry heavy cable reels, television monitors, camera tripods and other equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb 10-15-foot ladders and work and operate (in the field) under pressure and control heavier than normal, full-sized television remote live van.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Also must have the ability to:
- Control heavier than normal, full sized television remote live van, which requires much greater braking distance than normal;
- Raise a fifty-foot, telescoping mast, and be able to avoid obstructions at that height, such as power lines, especially at night;
- Lift, run, and carry heavy cable reels, television monitors, camera tripods and other equipment weighing up to 40 pounds for live shots;
- Climb 10 to 15-foot ladders, set up shots on rooftops;
- Bend, reach, and kneel to retrieve, place and store equipment in assigned places in ENG trucks;
- Vision corrected to 20/20 with no impairments. Sight is very important for driving an ENG van, much driving is required, must have excellent depth perception;
- Move swiftly at breaking news locations;
- Climb several flights of stairs carrying heavy equipment;
- Use both hands, have ability to balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach/work overhead to place and connect cables in buildings and on remote sites, and to transport and set up remote equipment;
- Work outside and on the roof of an ENG truck in all types of weather;
- Work and operate under pressure in a fast-paced news environment.
Equal Employment OpportunityCompany InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.