- Full Time
Reports To: News Director
Skilled, video with a creative eye for visual storytelling. Must be able to shoot and edit video in different settings under deadline pressure.
- Edit video for daily newscasts in a fast paced newsroom that produces 13 ½ hours of news a day.
- Cross train on other positions in the newsroom that may include assignment desk.’
- Technically astute with Final Cut X.
- Experience with audio equipment.
- Good verbal communication skills and an ability to work independently or in collaboration with producers, graphic designers, and engineers.
- Coordinate video file storage between various producers and departments.
- Edit news packages, therefore must be familiar with news editing and input to news video systems. Operate Rover camera for news.
- Advanced knowledge with editing software programs like Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
- Use time management skills to work within tight deadlines.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and implement new ideas into your work.
- Advanced digital and social media skills a plus.
- College degree
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity