Director, Network Partnerships - Hispanic
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Work with VP/SVPs of Sales and VP of Network Partnerships to develop positioning and sales story for programs and divisionIdentify and bring to market sales opportunities for Upfront and Scatter initiatives for assigned genres/properties. Shape the distribution and sales strategy of digital-first products in response to marketplace needs.MATERIALS DEVELOPMENT:Lead the development of sales marketing materials for our portfolio of advertisers.Create and vet show-specific programming decks.Develop multiscreen sponsorship opportunities in partnership with internal departments (i.e. programming, production, branded content, legal, etc.) Develop sales materials, including but not limited to, pitching presentations and case studies (video or written form). Oversee and/or respond to client RFP’s and Sales’ proposal requests.
Reporting to the VP of Network Partnerships, the Director will lead ad sales marketing strategy and will develop marketing offerings for Telemundo linear and digital-first programs. Director will manage a team and partner with Sales to develop strong marketing solutions to satisfy advertisers’ business needs and meet revenue goals. Ideal candidate will have a strong background in advertising (agency or media company) and digital media expertise; he/she will have experience in leading client-facing presentations, as well as developing, managing and executing integrated marketing campaigns. Experience working with clients in major advertising categories preferred (i.e. Auto, Wireless, Consumer Electronics, CPG Food, QSR, and Beverages).
INNOVATION: External focus to identify new content, social platform capabilities, and/or technological developments that can be translated to revenue generating marketing opportunities.
MULTIPLATFORM EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of and passion for holistic marketing and gold standard activation is delivered. Attend client meetings to present ideas or lead initial activation of integrated deals for high investment partners.
CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT/EXECUTION: High level oversight of execution of tentpole programs and/or client campaigns, along with Manager(s) and Specialist(s); Provide solutions when challenges arise.
RESULTS REPORTING & RENEWALS: Contribute in the post-sell process to showcase program results and work with the sales team to refine and enhance concepts driving cross and up-sell opportunities – working to gather recap elements from Insights & Measurement, Linear/Digital Production, etc.
CROSS-FUNCTIONAL COLLABORATION: Effectively and efficiently works with cross-functional teams, including larger Hispanic Group Network Partnerships Ad Sales team, NBCU Network Partnerships, NBCU CODE, legal counsel, Telemundo Partnerships and content producers. Develop deep relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to push creativity and create new opportunities for our advertising partners.
MANAGEMENT: Oversee a team of marketers; Direct day-to-day workflow of team, write team’s yearly reviews, recommend training for team developmental needs and identify opportunities to improve internal work processes by making recommendations -- and elevating those to VP.
LEADERSHIP: Help resolve conflicts, obtain and negotiate necessary internal buy-ins and vet marketing programs.Identify and recommend campaigns that warrant press coverage and that require proper escalation.Serve as ambassador for assigned genres within the larger Hispanic Group Network Partnerships team and across the NBCUniversal Ad Sales divisions..
• Four year degree (B.A., B.S.) from an accredited college, preferably with a discipline in marketing; MBA or graduate-level education preferred
• Minimum seven years of marketing, production, agency and/or sales experience, where the individual worked within media buying, planning, or within the sales landscape
• Experience in developing and executing successful sponsorship programs, especially in digital and social platforms
• Individual has experience leading a team and managing staff
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel within the U.S. and open to traveling abroad, if needed
• Able to work extended hours and/or weekends when needed to meet deadlines and/or be present at the production of campaign deliverables
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to translate advertiser needs into “sellable” programs that generate revenue
• Aptitude to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
• Proven ability to negotiate and solve complex problems
• Proven ability to project manage successfully
• Proven ability to partner effectively with a sales organization, legal, senior
• management and external parties
• Exhibit executive maturity in communication and decision-making process
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with solid attention to detail
• Strong ability to anticipate and accommodate needs, requests and issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication – strong and effective public
• speaking skills
• Must be able to contribute ideas in a creative group atmosphere
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
About NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises:
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises encompasses TELEMUNDO, a Spanish-language television network reaching 94% of Hispanic TV households and featuring original scripted and non-scripted productions, theatrical motion pictures, specials, news and first-class sports events; Telemundo Studios, the leading producer of original Spanish-language primetime content in the U.S.; the Telemundo Station Group, reaching U.S. Hispanic viewers in 210 markets, through its 17 owned stations and 54 broadcast affiliates in the US and Puerto Rico; NBC UNIVERSO, a modern general entertainment cable channel for Latinos, offering a thrilling mix of exclusive premium sports, signature series, blockbuster movies, music, must-see live events and strategic acquisitions, on TV, online and mobile devices; Telemundo International, the second largest distributor of Spanish-language content in the world, reaching more than 120 countries in over 40 languages; TELEMUNDO DEPORTES, one of the leading providers of sports content in Spanish in the United States and home to marquee sporting events: the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup France, Copa America Brasil 2019, the 2020 Olympic games, and official broadcast partner of FIFA through 2026; as well as coverage of La Liga Premier, the FIFA World Cup qualifying matches, and “Boxeo Telemundo,” the #1 boxing program in Spanish; its Digital Media unit, which creates and distributes original content across digital and emerging platforms including mobile devices, apps, www.telemundo.com and www.nbcuniverso.com, and operates Fluency Productions, the company’s multi-format, multi-platform production studio. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.