Vice President, Client Strategy
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Help drive growth across the NBCUniversal portfolio by applying a “Comms Planning” approach internally and externally - across Comcast/NBCU platforms and assetsLook at challenges from the client perspective to better understand how we can turn a client’s brand positioning into a fully realized marketing and media investment at scaleMaster the industry categories you are assigned and be able to engage senior clients on specialized topics that drive their businessWork in partnership with the research team to discover insights that can be leveraged for strategic development of an account and a categoryApply emerging consumer data and analytics to create innovative media solutions with NBCU’s content and platformsDevelop robust strategic models that address client business challenges that span linear, digital, data, and socialDevelop a conceptual framework for the sales organization to approach advertisers at a strategic top-down level in order to demonstrate the breadth and power of the portfolio to address and move specific category and client KPI’sPartner with sales leadership to advance a consultative selling strategy for Comcast/NBCUniversal Portfolio of assetsTrack media, culture and market trends as part of a high impact thought leadership programSuggest, support and deploy new ad products, strategic partnerships and monetization strategies
The Vice President Client Strategy is a critical member of NBCU’s Ad Sales and Client Partnerships organization. She/he will focus on educating advertisers about the Direct-to-Consumer NBCU portfolio and about opportunities across Comcast/NBCU platforms and assets with the objective of driving growth. The Vice President, Client Strategy will bring a deep understanding of data, digital/programmatic advertising and results driven campaigns to engage senior clients and advise them on strategies to achieve their marketing and media objectives. She/he will collaborate internally and bring a comprehensive understanding of the NBCU tool kit and develop new and innovative ways of pitching to clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in business development or strategic planning from a media agency OR brand planning management, “Comms” planning or strategy position from a client side advertiser in media
• Proven broad knowledge of media landscape and competitive set
• Deep understanding of strategic approach to media plan development
• Experience on variety of categories and accounts
• Understanding of business drivers within various ad categories, and the ability to connect to media strategy and solutions
• Successful leadership experience, and demonstration of ability to work well across an organizational matrix
• Documented success building, managing, and retaining high-performance teams
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent executive-level presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills Management Consulting experience a plus
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.