Senior Marketing Analyst - Cox Media
- Full Time
Marketing Analyst Sr - Cox Media
- Develops front-to-end data driven strategies that align with Cox Media Sales and Marketing’s objectives and programs to attract new customers, grow total advertising spend with existing customers and reduce overall churn though research, analysis and summary of market, sales, product and other data.
- Provides expertise on marketplace trends, competitive positioning, research-based sales tools and performance based campaign metrics to drive business decisions.
- Translates sometimes disparate data sets into actionable insights regarding opportunities to connect Cox Media multi-product solutions and clients’ marketing objectives.
- Provides research-based training to Sales Consultants on how to promote and position Cox Media portfolio products to drive sales and client retention.
Major Work Activities
- Analyzes secondary research data (including quantitative and qualitative) to demonstrate value for Cox Media products and takes initiative to find growth opportunities and recommend solutions based on findings. [Research and recommendations]
- Provides high-touch research support to Sales Consultants and Sales Service Specialists for developing customized solutions and presentations geared towards securing business from high spend/high potential clients. [Sales research support]
- Proactively collaborates with and provides Inside Sales channel, Cox Residential and Business with competitive information, research data, and related market information to build and execute on sales and marketing strategies, support local cross-channel inventory, and identify cross-over opportunities. [Sales research support]
- Proactively seeks out top programming stories and works in partnership with Marketing Communications Specialist to translate into client facing material. [Research support]
- Applies advanced problem-solving skills to business issues related to secondary research data including methodology, reporting parameters and disparities in data [Problem solving]
- Customizes research-based tools to provide reports that enable Sales to drive revenue. [Report customization]
- Develops and delivers research-based training for Sales, Sales Services and new hire orientation. [Develops and delivers training]
- Provides data, programming information and analysis to Marketing Communications Specialists to support sales collateral pieces, competitive positioning materials and packages. [Research and analysis]
- Proactively collaborates with Marketing Communications Specialist to perform deep dive analysis into customer segments and identify market opportunities. [Opportunity identification]
- Performs marketplace analysis of television viewing and media usage trends on a consistent basis, as well as analysis as needed on campaign performance, report lead and demand generation campaign analytics, and performance of other Cox Media marketing initiatives. [Research and analysis]
- Summarizes and communicates market research and programming information to Sales and Marketing leadership, Sales Consultants and Sales Service Specialists, and clients through training, sales tools, “head storyteller” presentation templates, and client facing materials. [Translate and present research findings]
- Proactively collaborates with Finance to perform marketplace revenue and share analysis and trending to enable Sales Leadership to evaluate market opportunities. Utilizes secondary research sources such as Kantar, economic data, SQAD, and local media intelligence. [Financial analysis]
- Proactively collaborates with Inventory to generate ratings estimates for upcoming high-profile programming opportunities in an effort to assign appropriate value for pricing. [Ratings estimates]
- Prepares and presents information directly to clients on a regular basis [Client presentations]
- Represent Cox Media on industry media research-related committees and project teams [Represents Cox Media]
- Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of marketing techniques, Cox Media and competitor services. [Training and development]
- Dependent on local market structure: reports to Senior Manager Marketing and Client Solutions, Manager Marketing and Client Solutions or Supervisor Marketing and Client Solutions
Work Environment/Job Context
- Fast pace of work, multiple demands and high pressure to deliver research results to accommodate others’ schedules and priorities
- Works independently with limited or remote supervision; requires a higher degree of autonomy, proactivity and initiative than the Level II position
- Budget-driven; pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals
- Use of personal or company car to travel occasionally to customers’ locations within the system
- Has contact with external customers by phone and in person.
- Travels 10-30% of the time.
- May occasionally participate in on- and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours.
Software and Databases
- Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word, Outlook. Must be able to demonstrate advanced functionality in the design and use of spreadsheets and Access databases.
- Proprietary Windows-based application software and databases: CRM, Novar 50. Advanced expertise in media research software and data Strata, Nielsen, Kantar, Arbitron, MarketSmart, Polk, Comscore, DART/Omniture, 3CInteractive, Everstream, etc.
- Google Analytics Key Individual/Team
- Customized presentations/templates
- Performance Indicators
- External candidates 4 years experience researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in a related field (Internal candidates- 3 years)
- 1 year media research experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- 2 years experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications in a work setting with demonstrated expertise in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management or a related field. 69. 3 years media research experience in a sales-driven organization
- Adaptability - Ability to respond readily and adjust effectively to changes in circumstances, work tasks, structures, processes, requirements, or priorities.
- Builds Relationships - Forms and maintains effective relationships within and across organizational boundaries to improve decision-making and leverage capabilities.
- Communicates Effectively - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media, including sales proposals, to individuals or groups in a manner than engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. Articulates information clearly, adapting communication styles to match others. .
- Formal Presentation-Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Functional Competence - Having achieved a satisfactory level of professional research and marketing research skills or knowledge; keeping up with current developments and trends in Marketing and Ad-sales.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Living Cox Values - Shows an approach towards people and work that is consistent with the overall values of the company. Works to professional standards that apply best practices approaches are consistent with Cox's values and ethics.
- PC Skill- Skill required to use a PC to enter, retrieve, manipulate, and/or store information; includes knowledge of Windows operating system and MS Office application software. Advanced functionality in Access and Excel.
- Produces Results - Focuses efforts on attaining clear, concrete, timely, and measurable performance outcomes. Sets high standards of performance for self and others and assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing work projects.
- Quality Orientation - Accomplishes tasks correctly the first time, checks all details, completes work in a timely fashion and has self-imposed standards of excellence
- Sales Opportunity Analysis - Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customers' business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
- Written Communication – Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-OK-Oklahoma City-6301 Waterford Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2018-12-12