Part-Time Production Assistant
- Full Time
Production Assistants are trained to perform any one of the various production roles during live newscasts..
Positions include Camera, TelePrompTer, Floor Manager, Audio Operator and Graphic/Video Playback operator.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends and holidays.
• Applicants must demonstrate problem solving abilities, creativity, initiative, and a desire to grow within the organization
• Attention to detail is a must in the execution of each of the roles as one of the final gatekeepers before our product is transmitted over the air
• Willingness to learn new and challenging roles
• Ideal candidate would be working toward a degree in related field
• Required to sit or stand for long periods of time
• May be required to do some lifting and or moving of equipment (less than 50lbs)
• Some College and or experience working in live production environment
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing