- Full Time
WFXT Boston 25 is in search of a Reporter for station newscasts. The successful candidate will excel at regularly breaking and enterprising significant, local stories. These seasoned journalists love to dig for extra information, cultivate sources, love to be live in the field and expect to win and enterprise stories daily. Reporter is expected to be skilled at using social media to gather information on stories, and to break stories. Ideal candidates have at least 5 years experience as a reporter.
- Report for station's newscasts on all platforms
- Strong on-air and communication skills in Breaking News coverage
- Excel at breaking and enterprising significant, local stories and building sources within the community
- Strong live presence in the field with a focus on performing active liveshots
- Work collaboratively with News Managers, Producers, Assignment Editors and Digital Team
- Write stories for air and digital platforms
- Regularly post content and engage with audiences on social media platforms
- Make public appearances, representing the station in community events
- Work varying shifts including, days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Other duties may be assigned
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience as a Reporter is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of journalism.
- Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing