All Media Journalist I
- Full Time
Cox Media Group Ohio, one of the most advanced, multi-platform newsrooms in the country (TV, Radio, Newspapers and Digital) is seeking an All-Media Journalist. We’re looking for a reporter who can write breaking news, enterprise and watchdog stories for print and digital; shoot and edit and front WHIO-TV packages on air for our Dayton-Springfield TV audience; contribute on-air voicing for radio; and own branded social media accounts – including Facebook and Twitter – that will be expected to build our audience and increase our digital revenues. You will work in a digital-first newsroom to provide digital videos and digital stories. This reporter will join our multi-platform team of reporters based in Springfield and cover several local communities.
We are one of the leading newsrooms in the country that produces local news and information on all platforms, and we’re looking for flexible, energetic, creative and digitally oriented people to join us.
Our converged Ohio newsrooms include three daily newspapers, the top local TV news station in the country, an award-winning cross-platform Breaking News Desk and a radio station that reports around the clock.
- Have excellent reporting and writing skills, and the ability to write and edit quickly for digita
- Use research to tailor stories to fit the audience for print, TV, radio and digital
- Have a knack for telling stories in a relatable and compelling way
- Have a demonstrated social media presence to engage audience and drive people to your stories
- Comfortable with shooting and producing photos and video for digital and TV, as well as appearing on air for TV regularly, including live shots
- Be familiar and comfortable with standards for avoiding libel and slander, and have a good grasp of Ohio’s public records laws
- Ability to work in high-energy, fast-paced environment and be committed to learning throughout their careers
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- One year or more of related experience
- A portfolio of work that shows good work in reporting, writing and some of ability to shoot video and photos and use social media to get and transmit information
- Genuine interest in story-telling of all kinds
- Work is expected to be accurate and complete and according to set deadlines
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing