Senior Manager/Director Audience Development
- Full Time
Senior Manager/Director, Audience Development
American Media, Inc., seeks a Senior Manager/Director, Audience Development for the Men’s Fitness Group (Men’s Journal and Muscle & Fitness). This candidate will have a minimum of four years of experience overseeing marketing and audience development functions, and will work closely with revenue operations at a growth-stage digital media company. The Senior Manager/Director, Audience Development will be a key part of the leadership team. Prior management experience is preferred.
- Paid Marketing: You will determine the most strategic and optimized use of a limited paid marketing budget and manage traffic acquisition campaigns across multiple channels and platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Revenue: Work closely with sales/marketing and ad ops on fulfilling their direct and programmatic campaign requirements across various on-site and social media channels. Experience with traffic arbitrage techniques is a huge plus.
- Social media & Distributed Content: Develop and implement a social media strategy for distributing content across platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, etc., and build audience engagement as well as leverage the platforms to drive qualified audience acquisition strategy across AMI properties. Coordinate experiments to improve social media best practices and work with those who are managing our social media accounts. You will work on our video distribution strategy across platforms.
- Partnerships & Outreach: You will develop deals and maintain relationships with social and digital influencers, publishers and platforms to drive additional content distribution and audience growth, including places like Flipboard, Google News and Apple News. You will work closely with the leadership team to evaluate and model business development opportunities.
- Analytics, Research, & Reporting: You will use analytics (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, among others) to aggressively optimize all of our activities and understand user behavior -- infusing it into the organization. You will oversee the interpretation of data, developing actionable insights for product enhancements and content development. You will develop and maintain an audience growth model, and develop impactful, actionable reporting to inform daily and long-term decision-making.
- SEO: You will understand the basics of SEO and determine how to incorporate best practices into editorial workflow and product development.
- Email: You will help us manage our email newsletter(s), aggressively identifying and implementing opportunities to grow the subscription base, optimize performance and keep a healthy and engaged list.
- Content strategy: You will work closely with our editorial team, sharing insights and making content recommendations that will help supercharge audience growth and engagement.
- Industry Knowledge: You will constantly evaluate new social/digital platforms, marketing services and ad products, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess The Following Qualities:
The Senior Manager/Director, Audience Development should have extensive digital media experience and expertise in analyzing consumer behavior and turning this data into actionable recommendations.
- A background in consumer-facing digital marketing, audience development, and analytics roles with experience in social media, email marketing, partnerships, SEO, and paid marketing, ideally at content-driven organizations.
- Intimate familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube and a passion for social media.
- Familiarity with digital analytics and tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook among others.
- The ability to work closely with creative teams and influence and train on digital marketing principles and best practices.
- Entrepreneurial instincts and hands-on attitude. Eye for the big picture, but also an enjoyment of hands-on, day-to-day operations. Creative approach to problem-solving.
- An easy-going personality that can interface and communicate with colleagues at all levels in a constructive, positive and goal-oriented manner.