Associate Editor, Advice Products
- Full Time
The Consumer Advice team at U.S. News & World Report, which strives to help people make smarter decisions when it comes to saving and spending, careers, health, education and real estate, is seeking a full-time Associate Editor to join our Advice Products team. The Associate Editor will work on content for new categories U.S. News plans to cover in consumer products and services. This is an opportunity to bring your talents as an editor to a fun, new initiative.
The Associate Editor will manage and edit content that includes guides, profiles and consumer advice articles. This position includes working closely with an enthusiastic team of editors in a fast-paced digital environment. It is based in the U.S. News office located in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C.
- Edit consumer advice content for new product and service categories
- Edit content for subject matter, flow, consistency, tone, audience, brevity and accuracy
- Copy edit content for grammar, spelling, AP style, punctuation, keywords and formatting
- Fact check content
- Assist in recruiting, training and managing a group of high quality freelancers to support the advice content
- Test product pages and content to ensure top-quality, error-free work
- Work with the Managing Editor of Advice Products, product leads, design, IT, editorial, sales and marketing teams
- 2-4 years of professional editing experience, plus strong copy editing skills
- Ability to edit content for multiple projects/products simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadlines and be extremely detail-oriented
- Experience working with online content management systems
- Expertise and prior experience using AP style
- Moderate knowledge of search engine optimization best practices
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Self-starter who can identify opportunities to improve content and better engage our audience
- Ability to collaborate and work with multiple U.S. News product teams
- Journalism degree or equivalent
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, dental, vision and 401(k) plans.