Director, Digital Planning & Operations
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCU is looking for its Director of Digital Sales Planning & Ops that will oversee the planning org for the NBCU Partnerships group. We are in search of an experienced leader who has a proven track record of problem solving and has successfully managed various advertising teams. The role will lead a team that focuses on growth by creating compelling proposals in coordination with NBC’s digital partners. Further, the role manages a team that provides full support for all pricing, planning and campaign execution, while maintaining strong working relationships with sales, product, inventory and marketing.
The role requires the management of multiple priorities between ad platforms and partners. Success in this role is dependent on clear and concise communication skills and an understanding of sales and product challenges, and being able to scope improvements for future advertising offerings.
Specific Responsibilities Include
Manage planning team that owns the pre and post sales process across all digital partnersProvide solutions for agency facing client managers by clearly communicating process and by escalating issues with data and analysis to our partner’s business development teams. Effectively scale support and response to partners and agencies to meet sales demands.Collaborate with multiple teams including: Product, Marketing, Strategy and Sales to create comprehensive go to market opportunities. Create process improvement across planning and client management to drive efficiency, improved data, analytics and documentation. Liaison with digital partners and clearly communicate updates to process.
• Bachelor's degree
• A minimum of 5 years in the digital media sales and operations industry, video & inventory experience preferred
• Proven track record of program execution
• Demonstrated understanding of Digital Ad Sales Platform landscape as it relates to video, mobile, audience data, display, and inventory platforms
• Develop and execute on the strategic visions for platforms related to Digital Ad Sales
• Stay connected to the latest digital video trends and platform enhancements and provide internal NBCU groups with industry insights
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
• Working knowledge within pricing & planning, sales fulfillment, order optimization, inventory, ad operations/trafficking, finance, billing and reconciliation across the digital media landscape is strongly preferred
• Strategic thinker, having an understanding of the Digital Video marketplace, trends, data
• Strong skill sets in problem-solving, decision-making, judgment, flexibility, oral and written communications, organization and interpersonal skills required
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.