Account Execuitve, Ad Sales: Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Drive advertising sales demand of the NBCU portfolio for specific target clients in high potential categories, developing new TV, digital, mobile and partner revenue opportunities that clearly prove new value for clients Develop and lead day-to-day sales strategy; develop target lists, lead client and agency outreach and be in market often with full NBCU portfolio opportunities Understand customer needs and provide feedback and market input that will strengthen our NBCU opportunities and value propositionField proactive requests; collect, manage and route RFP requests to key stakeholders to ensure deadlines are metTrack sales revenue and establish a regular cadence for reporting on progressPartner with internal teams (Digital and TV sales leads, Network Partnerships, Programming, Legal, Research, etc.) to develop proactive packages and drive creativity throughout the sales processDevelop strong relationships throughout NBCU to ensure a unified and coordinated strategy is presented in the market
The NBCU Account Executive, Portfolio Sales will play a critical role within our fast paced advertising sales team, with a focus on driving revenue for the full NBCU portfolio through growth in high potential new categories. This role will report directly into to the Vice President, Portfolio Sales, managing relationships with clients and media agencies and collaborating with key stakeholders across the NBCU organization in order to meet revenue goals. Expertise in the advanced data-driven advertising landscape, and ability to operate effectively at the cross-section of traditional and digital media, are critical to achieving success in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
•5+ years of direct selling experience in advertising sales, including selling experience in an advanced media environment
•Strong understanding of optimized national linear and addressable television, and agencies who transact in new media
• Familiarity with optimized national linear and addressable television, and the agencies who transact in new media
• Understanding of programmatic buying and selling
• Previous experience and success in working for multi-media sales organization.
• Proven experience in prospecting new clients, generating sales leads and closing the sale
• Must be self-motivated, driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Advanced client-facing skills, ability to clearly articulate value positions and experience presenting integrated marketing programs to clients/leading brainstorms
• Ability to synthesize ideas from group discussions and articulate them verbally/in writing
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully operate within a large organization, effectively communicating with executives, interdepartmental teams and external clients
• Adaptable in the face of constant change and ability to perform at a high level; identifying solutions when faced with challenges
• Exceptional with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and Keynote
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.