Digital and Social Media Manager
- Full Time
The Digital and Social Media Manager will support Clariant’s digital communications efforts in the North America region (NORAM) to help establish the company as an industry leader and thought leader in its selected topics/megatrends. This role will be responsible for curating and developing relevant content, ensuring consistency in voice and brand image, metrics tracking and reports, and monitoring relevant conversations. Beyond daily execution, the Digital and Social Media manager will also coordinate content across NORAM’s BU/SUs and collaborate closely with the company’s social and digital media leads in Switzerland to develop and contribute to social media strategies and campaigns.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Digital and Social Media
- Under the supervision of the Head, North America Communications, assist with implementation and maintenance of digital media strategies and action plans to increase NORAM regional page traffic and drive users to NORAM’s social media channels to increase engagement, conversions and followers.
- Execute social media strategy with focus on deploying and curating engaging social media posts on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis supporting NORAM’s activities and initiatives.
- Work cross functionally with the social and digital media leads in Switzerland, NORAM’s BU and SU heads to develop new content and YOY editorial calendar and coordinate social media efforts.
- Assist in writing, editing and proofreading copy for all digital content.
- Responsible for consistent content, design and functionality enhancement suggestions to help meet the region’s goals.
- Responsible for curating approved imagery and maintaining the NORAM image database
- Create and execute WYSIWYG monthly analytic reports for all NORAM digital and social media platforms for leadership.
- Monitor, assess and implement current social media trends and best practices to keep NORAM’s look, feel and presence current and relevant.
- Proven success and experience in managing link building and keyword strategy to increase Clariant NORAM’s ranking on all major search engines.
- Develop a high-volume organic search growth strategy for Clariant NORAM, its solutions and products, working cross-functionally with the social and digital media leads in Switzerland and BU/SUs to implement.
- Analyze and interpret NORAM website page’s user behavior/patterns to identify gaps and opportunities and make SMART recommendations
- 3-5+ years’ experience as a digital and/or social media manager working with a clear vision and purpose in a highly-matrixed, global organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, computer science or related degree.
- Proven track record and understanding with SEO analytics and research platforms, such as Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, Google AdWords, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and enjoys being a storyteller.
- Handles different viewpoints and opinions in a direct, positive manner.
- Proven experience and skills in project management.
- Ability to multi-task, think and adapt quickly and meet changing demands in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed global work environment.
- A skilled self-motivated, resourceful, proactive problem solver.
- Comfortable presenting and speaking about social media data and successes in some way layman audiences can understand.
- Able to reach rational conclusions through complex processing of information.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fosters innovation through creative solutions.
- Experience in the chemicals, specialty chemicals or related industries highly preferred
- Bi-lingual highly preferred