- Full Time
Title: Copywriter, MCI USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: November 2018
Resume, cover letter with salary requirements and two writing samples. Applications that do not include writing samples will not be considered.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Copywriter is responsible for supporting a client’s content strategy as well as creating its content deliverables. “Content” is a broad term that can refer to event sessions, areas of research focus, white papers, articles, special reports, webinars, blog and social media posts, static web copy, podcasts, and video content. The incumbent will contribute to all marketing and subject-matter-specific content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency, and a positive stakeholder experience.
In 2019, this position is estimated to be dedicated 50% Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International with the remaining 50% allocated to other MCI USA client or corporate needs to be determined. The primary objective of the HSMAI role is to be the producer of relevant content from HSMAI stakeholders in the areas of hospitality sales, marketing, and revenue management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, with 3+ years’ experience writing for a corporate entity or association
- Adaptive expert-level written communication, interview, and story-conception skills
- Experience with developing content across platforms
- Excellent program management and collaboration skills
- Responsible for the creation and/or management of content for key client activities, programming, marketing and in-person events as determined by AVP, Content, client leaders and/or leaders in MCI USA MarCom business unit.
- Provide keen eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills to ensure flawless content is presented to all client stakeholders.
- Contribute to content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets.
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with client industry trends and generate new ideas to be relevant to client stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
HSMAI Specific Responsibilities and Scope:
- Develop original content for HSMAI’s weekly Insights and monthly Executive Insights newsletters — based on insights and ideas gathered from Curate, Advisory Board calls, Adrian Awards, and other HSMAI programs and events.
- HSMAI meetings and travel could include two Curate events, HSMAI board meetings, HSMAI signature events, scheduled Advisory Board calls and meetings, and weekly HSMAI team standup briefings.
Fiscal Duties: N/A
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
MCI USA Responsibilities:
- Complete MCI USA/MCI timesheets and function as an MCI USA/MCI talent in accordance with MCI USA/MCI’s corporate vision and guiding principles.
- Serve as a member of MCI USA’s Marketing/Communications team.