We are seeking a Senior Publicist or Publicity Manager to join the Viking, Penguin Books and Penguin Classics publicity team. Reporting to the Director of Publicity, this role will develop creative publicity strategies for a variety of fiction and nonfiction across all three imprints. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with authors on all aspects of publicity, including briefing authors on how to handle interviews and accompanying authors to publicity engagements.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Planning and executing publicity campaigns for the Viking and Penguin imprints to maximize exposure for authors and their books
* Managing and overseeing each campaign budget.
* Pitching and securing top national and regional TV, print, radio, and online media.
* Seeking out new media outlets and developing and maintaining close working relationships with members of the press.
* Executing successful multi-city author tours, including independently overseeing travel arrangements, confirming bookstore events, pitching local media and managing comprehensive tour schedules.
* Writing pitch letters, press releases, and other creative press material.
* Working closely with the publicity team as well as authors, agents, booksellers and key in-house departments including editorial, marketing, sales and subsidiary rights.
* Performing general department responsibilities and representing the imprints at various meetings, functions, and industry events.
* Supervising one direct report.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.