Digital and Social Media Producer
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
The Digital & Social Media Producer plays a major role in the day-to-day execution of News 12's online, social media and Interactive TV news strategy, working to ensure the content is consistently updated and impactful to our viewers. The role combines acute attention to detail, rapid response, editorial judgment, creativity and consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities within a 24/7 news gathering operation. You will write news reports for the web and other digital media platforms and ensure editorial quality and compliance with journalistic standards. Use technology and innovation to deliver content that is thorough, accurate, relevant, and timely. Collaborate across multiple teams including reporters, producers, photographers, marketers, technologists, etc. Post News 12 content to social media platforms in an engaging manner that promotes participation by our viewers. Generate dynamic conversation and maintain on-going dialogue with social media followers. Recommend new social media tools, sites, apps as part of the social media mix. Monitor and report on social media growth and campaign results.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Digital Media preferred, Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a news Producer or a news Associate Producer preferred.
- Must have a strong understanding of social media’s role in journalism.
- Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues is required.
- Proficiency in news production equipment as well as the ability to evaluate new technologies and platforms is a must.
- Knowledge of online metric reporting like Google analytics required.
- Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously under pressure with exceptional news judgment as well as effective news writing, copy-editing ability for all platforms is required.
- Must have creative ability to identify problems and develop solutions with leadership ability and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly organized and possess time management skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.