Digital Video Editor, TODAY Digital
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
TODAY.com, the digital arm of the TODAY show, is looking for a video editor to help produce snappy, addictive original videos for our digital, mobile and social platforms.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for editing and a love of lifestyle content. This video editor will work with our team of editorial and video producers to create daily and feature original videos in our core verticals (food, style, home, wellness, parents, pop culture) as well as occasionally in good news/trending.
Our original video offerings range from hacks & how-tos in each section to sit-down interviews and feature profiles. The ideal candidate for this role will bring enthusiasm and energy to each project, as well as creative ideas around how we can reimagine graphics and visual styles, working with the team to create new and engaging templates for our various content franchises. We're looking for someone who can not only turn around quick, polished edits, but who understands the TODAY voice and can bring that sensibility to each edit, from tone to pacing to look.
• 5+ years of experience producing videos for digital platforms
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience editing on tight deadlines
• Expertise with key productions in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.)
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to pick out key moments, identify compelling narratives in raw footage
• Strong control of mixing visual effects with studio and field footage
• Exceptional organizational skills, able to manage many projects moving along at different deadline speeds
• Must be aware of latest formats, trends and competitors in digital video
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Quick learner, can pick up on new production tools and styles
• Collaborative spirit and outstanding communication skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.