Location: Centennial, Colorado
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The successful Sports Anchor/Reporter candidate will be responsible for reporting sports stories (in house and in the field), covering live sporting events and professional teams such as Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, Rapids, and other local teams. The anchor will also have to gather information and prepare material for on air and record its own video in the field. This person will be responsible for keeping up to date on current events in the world of sports. The Sports Anchor will also be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station. Should be social media active and capable of publishing stories on the web.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast
• Knowledge of major sports in the United States and Mexico are a must
• Non-linear editing experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience shooting with HD Cameras.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with lighting
• Will operate video camera and recording equipment, live truck or live remote
transmitting units and edit on Edius Pro editing systems.
• Must work well under pressure with an ability to meet tight deadlines
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal. A high level of
skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Must be able to distinguish serious news from light features and adapt
delivery of stories on air.
• Willingness and ability to work long hours, late nights and weekends as
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts
• Must be willing to work in Centennial location and some traveling might be required.
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Degree in Journalism is preferred.
• Experience covering sports, segment production and conducting interviews are desired.
• Good attendance and ability to avoid tardiness is crucial.
• The ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations.
• Must possess strong creative writings skills.
• Candidate must work effectively with other in a team oriented environment.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.