Product Marketing Manager
- Full Time
Dealertrack, a Cox Automotive company, is hiring a Product Marketing Manager. Theprimary role of the Product Marketing Manager is to focus on the finance & transaction managementcycle/phase of the business. Specifically, the products will be in the Registration & Titlecategory. This role is responsible forthe go-to-market product strategy in partnership with Product and SalesOperations. This individual isresponsible to get the go to market plans for these solutions ready to sell(marketing and sales campaigns/ programs), enables the sales and other sales/trainingsupport teams on ways to sell it. This Product Marketing Manager isfocused on growing revenue and increasing market share in accordance withcorporate goals. The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible fordeveloping the strategy, execution and activation of marketing campaigns bydeveloping engaging marketing programs that will reach the target audience foreach product and inspire an increase in sales revenue. And, providing our salesforce with the information it requires to advance product sales, and be thechampion for new product innovations.
- Understand current sales and continually update the team. Know the marketplace and market intelligence by conducting business analytics, segmentation and execution assessment and recommendations
- Be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria
- Be the expert on your competition and how to crush them.
- Identify market opportunities, &, product segmentation, oppty assessment/whitespace analysis.
- Provide gap analysis on product features and capabilities and identify customer problems.
Be clear how we could solve via product and via marketing plans
- Make recommendations on areas of focus ensuring BU and sales alignment and buy-off.
- Work closely with Product Management and engineering on product roadmap and release timing. Work closely with product management team to determine the most profitable course for each existing and new product
- Based on market understanding, weigh in and recommend bundling and pricing strategies.
- Own communication internally and externally for all aspects of your product business.
- Manage and own product marketing calendar and timelines
- Key liaison to the product team, building relationships and partnerships with the team and integrating into product plans
- You will be asked to provide simplified, visual/impactful summary of business status and quarterly marketing plans and results.
- Lead Product Positioning and Strategy for a set of products. Develop product positioning, value prop, messaging that differentiates our products in the market for new & existing audiences.
- Lead the marketing team to generate strong demand generation / momentum ahead of new campaigns & product launches and releases.
- Own the development of qtly comprehensive marketing plans on how you will drive impactful business results (plans to include but not limited to: goals, strategies, tactics, phased campaign components, and more). Socialize, gain input and buy-off across BU teams and within marketing. Communicate to sales and product/engineering well in advance of each quarters new campaigns/programs
- Identify and execute the appropriate marketing tactics for specified objectives and strategies including advertising, collateral, public relations, direct marketing, digital marketing, SEM, social media, and other tactics as appropriate
- Write clear, concise and strategic messaging to drive traffic that includes emails, promotions, direct mail pieces and other marketing materials that drive business results
- Plan & initiate briefs for agency/depts.
- Product launch, existing product, new releases and new bundles – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Focus on implementing programs that consistently generate new, high quality leads
- Analyze & report campaign & execution results relative to the business & the market. Be agile and able to adjust quickly as needed.
- Lead product branding and naming. Work in partnership with the brand team on creative development
- Know where you stand! Manage and own your budget achieving within +/-2% to budget/target. Understand return on marketing investment (ROMI) for what has been/will be implemented. Know when to get more money for greater impact when needed and sell it!
- Own the creation and development of “correction of error” (C.O.E.) plans based on monthly business status
- Develop content to educate dealers on new products, expand understanding of existing products or explain how products have evolved
- Create marketing and sales assets (data sheets, battle-cards, 1 pagers, web assets, ads, online gamification, “buddy” emails, and more) for all phases of the marketing and sales lifecycle utilizing the foundational value prop and messaging created.
- Sales & Training Enablement – Create sales enablement tools/assets (e.g. battle-cards, demos, online/offline presentations, 1-2 min training videos, challenger messages, elevator pitches, etc). Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our products.
- Be a subject matter expert individuals can rely on. Be the top product evangelist
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in B2B marketing required.
- Must possess the desire to keep up with best-practices and market trends outside of workday
- Excellent time management and project prioritization skills. Flexible in a fast-paced setting with competing and ever-changing tasks.
- Sense of urgency and strong work ethic a must.
- Resourceful and enthusiastic self-starter who is able to lead marketing strategy and execution in a fast-paced environment, work with a wide range of stakeholders and drive projects forward from start to finish.
- Excellent writing skills able to develop effective messaging for a variety of communication vehicles.
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs. Experience working with or supporting sales and marketing initiatives. Experience managing multi-faceted programs, with a proven track record in successful strategic vision/planning and execution by proactively pushing new and innovative marketing.
- Proven results in lead generation and developing collateral for complete product life cycle.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to manage and track budgets
- You are extremely professional in your demeanor with the ability to influence others
- Proficiency computer and technology skills (experience with MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Pardot, Social Media Platforms, and other platforms etc.)
- Travel – approximately 20%
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-NY-North Hills-3400 New Hyde Park Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing