Social Media Producer
- Full Time
The Social Media producer position will be responsible for the daily management of the main ajc.com social media accounts and other significant FB pages. This position will be responsible for working with the newsroom to define the objectives and strategy of each Social Media account as well as define the content strategy for other pages.
The social media producer is a creative and collaborative champion of the newsroom’s best journalism and leads the newsroom in creation of dynamic digital content to grow engagement and subscriber value. The producer should have a demonstrated, professional ability to build a connection with social media users, employ smart news judgement and best practices and be able to create success metrics and goals and drive adoption of social media and other content promotion throughout the newsroom.
He/she will be expected to identify trends, monitor daily metrics, determine performance and optimize digital content.
• Publishing and moderation across multiple social media channels. This role will be responsible for writing, optimizing and publishing content to social media accounts for the AJC as well as responding to comments, questions and moderating discussions. This person is seen as the voice of the AJC
• Responsible for updating and promoting other pages, both within AJC communities and outside
• Uses social media and web analytics to track the progress of the AJC’s social media accounts and may be asked to contribute info to monthly reports
• Subject matter expert on the communities managed. Does research to stay abreast on current conversations and trend within that community. Uses that knowledge to publish the most relevant and up-to-date content about the subject.
• Daily management of several social media accounts, including daily optimization of the content strategy for each account using insights, analytics and past performance of content
• Does appropriate research to become a subject matter expert on communities managed. Can speak to trending topics and conversation and uses this knowledge to write, publish and optimize content effectively.
• Understands current news events and current trends in pop culture and applies to the social media content published.
• Creates monthly reports to measure the performance and growth of the AJC’s social media audiences
• Serves as the day-to-day lead on community management, responding to questions, moderating discussions and escalating to customer service as needed
• Assists in managing analytics reports
• 1 - 3 years of newsroom or professional related social media experience, social media management tools, excellent writing skills
• Significant knowledge of the digital space as it pertains to news
• Strong consensus building skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals and groups.
• Demonstrated ability to attract and engage a broad audience using social media tools and to promote quality content through social media.
• Superior writing skills to create clean, clear copy with appropriate voice and tone.
• Deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms and best practices for each.
• Experience with social media monitoring and tracking tools.
• Must have ability to create and develop audiences through social media accounts
• Local and national news junkie with enthusiasm for a broad range of stories.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 breaking news environment which may include nights and weekends
• Newsroom/Content Creation
• Audience Digital Team
• Cox Media technology group
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing