About Your Role:
As a Dotdash Freelance Content Producer, you will improve existing articles to elevate the user experience and drive additional traffic around articles published within the Dotdash.com network. Rate is $15/hour.
About Your Contributions:
Your resume should demonstrate experience in most, if not all, of the following skills:
- Adding crosslinks
- Enhancing meta data, as needed
- Fixing broken links and broken (visible) HTML; correct formatting issues
- Selecting, editing and adding images.
- Inserting image captions and credits
- Evaluating whether an article requires light editing or must go to an editor for extensive revision
- SEO expertise not required, but a strong plus
- Must be comfortable working in a CMS and able to work quickly, independently and accurately
- Have basic knowledge of how to size and scale images (Photoshop not required); photo selection experience a plus
- Commit a minimum of 20 hours of work per week
- You must live in the United States
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.