About Your Role:
As a Dotdash Fact Checker, you will check our content for accuracy to ensure that we are delivering a useful, valuable experience to our readers. Onboarding will take place throughout December. Assignments start in earnest during the first two weeks of January. Rate is $20/hour.
We need fact checkers for The Spruce, Thoughtco, TripSavvy: Lifewire, The Balance, Verywell, and Investopedia.
About Your Contributions:
- You must live within the United States.
- You must have at least two years of verifiable, continual factchecking experience online or in the print media.
- You must provide references with contact information for people who can verify your skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a content management system and able to work quickly, independently and accurately
- Commit to a minimum of 20 hours weekly
- Must be comfortable working remotely
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.