Reporter wanted to cover the fast-paced investment industry
- Full Time
Fund Intelligence, part of Pageant Media, is seeking a talented journalist to help lead the expansion of our market-leading coverage of the US asset management sector.
The successful candidate will be covering the sales and marketing and business strategies of leading fund groups for Fund Intelligence and contributing to its weekly magazine Fund Action.
The role will involve covering some of the biggest US asset management companies at an important and exciting time for the sector, with technology transforming the way fund groups are marketing their products and the rise of passive investing and other market trends asking big strategic questions of senior sales and distribution pros.
The successful candidate will take a leading role for both the print magazine and website. This will involve breaking off-diary news stories, writing features and building up a large contact book of sources. They will also cover a large number of events and industry conferences throughout the year, providing plenty of opportunities to travel and learn the space.
The reporter will be based in Pageant’s recently opened New York office on Madison Square Park and work as part of a fast-paced 12-person news team.
• Write daily news articles and break off-diary stories
• Pitch and write informed and insightful analysis pieces
• Work with the editorial and production teams to ensure the print magazine goes to print on time
• Regularly interview and profile heads of distribution, chief marketing officers, heads of product development, portfolio managers and CEOs.
• Build and maintain a contact book of C-suite professionals.
• Represent the Fund Intelligence brand at a range of events, conferences and summits around the world
• At least one years of journalism experience or strong work experience and qualifications
• Must be willing to work out of our New York-based office
• Journalism degree training preferable, but not essential
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• An interest in and some knowledge of the asset management sector is preferable, but not essential
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to Fund Intelligence editor Paul McMillan via the link provided.