Local Sales Manager
Location: El Paso, Texas
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Responsible for leading the local sales efforts for El Paso.
• Work with Sales leadership to formulate sales strategies and develop growth opportunities to increase station revenue and share.
• Manage Account Manager team on sales targets, pricing strategies and business development goals.
• Work with Sales Leader and National Sales Manager on inventory and pricing strategies to maximize revenue and meet or exceed budget.
• Strong comprehension of Telemundo El Paso’s competitive strength and market conditions to generate premium value for our platforms.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the television sales industry, as well as experience working with advertising agencies and direct clients.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Sales Manager.
• Strong computer skills with particular proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Prior experience in the El Paso market.
• Strong agency/client relationships and excellent negotiation skills with a proven track record of growing share.
• Strong leadership skills including verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of Wide Orbit and Sales force applications.
• Ability to set strategy and tactically articulate and execute sales strategy.
• Proven to be motivated and dynamic high energy professional with success in leading and managing a team of Account Managers and Customer Service Representatives.
• Proven success in selling Broadcast TV, digital, mobile and integrations.
• Working knowledge of political sales.
• Ability to utilize research tools and industry analytics preferred.
• Willing to work in El Paso, Texas and regular travel.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have a valid driver’s License and good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 26 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.