Business News Reporter
- Full Time
Acuris, a global publisher of financial news, data and analysis, is seeking a full-time Business News Reporter for its Mergermarket product to cover mergers and acquisitions. The reporter will be an important part of our expanding Charlottesville-based team, providing coverage on private transactions involving small, medium and large companies.
Founded in 2000, Mergermarket has 67 locations across Europe, North & South America, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. With approximately 300 reporters globally in 67 international locations, we have the largest team of dedicated M&A journalists and analysts anywhere in the world.
What would you do? We talk to CEOs, CFOs and industry contacts to report on future M&A opportunities and prospects. We provide information on tomorrow's M&A targets, today's buyers, and break down industry trends for the benefit of our subscriber base of investment bankers, lawyers, private equity sponsors and corporates.
We are looking for self-starters; reporters with the ability and tenacity to crack under-covered situations; journalists that can and are willing to actively network to build a local source base.
- An experienced journalist that is also a savvy networker.
- The ideal candidate should possess a natural curiosity about how the world works, and demonstrate an ability to seek out original story ideas.
- An interest in business journalism and the facets of corporate strategy would be an advantage, but not a prerequisite.
- Able to attend investor conferences and other networking events in Charlottesville and surrounding cities. Occasional travel may be required.
- Superior communication skills and ability to collaborate with reporters across the Americas and globally, when required.
- Strong time-management skills to balance hours spent scheduling and conducting phone interviews, on-site interviews, source meetings, conference attendance and writing.
- Ability to produce up to five articles or about 2,500 words per week for the news service.
- Can write concise and clean copy with compelling leads.
- Seeks to understand needs and interests of Mergermarket's reader base, and write copy that fits those requirements.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Two+ years' experience in journalism or related roles preferred, though ambitious graduates will be considered