What you will be working on:
We’re looking for a Product Manager that will be responsible for owning the weather experiences across all of our digital platforms (Desktop Web, Mobile Web, Mobile App and OTT) and find ways to increase engagement, grow our audience and delight users
Our weather products touch the lives of millions of users, supported by a strong team of meteorologists across 40 stations nationwide, a track record of excellent weather forecasting (most accurate on TV in many of our markets), and award-winning radar technology. You will be a key member at the forefront of one of our key areas of focus.
You will report directly to the VP of Product & Design and your role will require you to collaborate with different areas of the division to improve our existing products and launch new ones. Your responsibilities will include: Lead brainstorming sessions to identify user needs in the media space and ideate on potential solutionsLead user research along with your UX counterparts in order to validate prototypes and gain insights from usersBuild the next generation of product features for apps, mobile web, desktop and emerging platforms, focusing on delivering the best and most relevant information for our audience Envision, define and communicate the product roadmap. Evangelize the product vision with new ideas and product featuresPerform measurement and data-driven prioritization of features that meet audience and business needs; set minimal viable product releases.Know and define the audience; understand what they want and need from digital products in their daily lives. Work with Engineering, UX, QA, Advertising Operations and Research to ensure product concepts meet all needs; present to senior management and station stakeholders as well as 3rd partiesPromote Agile product management processes Manage all aspects of the cross-functional team, including inter-team communications and results-oriented meetingsWho we are:
Our Product and Design team oversees the strategy, ideation, design, plan and execution of all digital products and features created for our users; meeting them wherever they are regardless of their platform of choice: web, mobile apps, OTT, smart speakers and any other emerging technology we can get our hands on!
We are passionate about design and always curious about new technologies and the possibilities that they unlock for the future of media. We like tinkering and experimenting and we’re not afraid to fail as long as we are always learning.Product Experience
- Show us what you got! The ideal candidate would have launched products in the space, from ideation all the way to production
- Experience launching utility driven products is also applicable for this role
- Experimentation is key, so you should be comfortable with defining and running tests in order to make decisions that will shape your product.
- Experience of 1-3 years as a Product Manager, preferably with consumer facing digital products
- You have defined a product vision along with short term and long term roadmap in order to achieve it
- Experience with product releases involving advertising system integrations in addition to editorial content management, online video technologies, and social media platforms
- You’re passionate about weather and how it impacts the daily lives of people
- You’re interested about the current state of (local) media and curious about how people consume and interact with content. You also want to challenge the status quo and influence the future of the media landscape.
- When you say “user first” you mean it, and you can back up your claims by showing your approach on previously launched products.
Insights and data driven
- We don’t expect you to know how to code but you should be able to articulate product technical solutions to development resources
- Well versed on new technology trends to help lead the team into adopting them for new products
- Nothing about your product escapes you and you know everything there is to know about how your users use it.
- You’re comfortable leading and organizing usability tests as well condensing key takeaways to executives.
- You’re able to read and synthesize product metrics to make suggestions and defend your positions based on measured product results.
- You have led product initiatives where you have collaborated with different groups in order to achieve the defined goals and a successful product launch.
- Effective written and oral communication skills that allow you to have everyone always on the same page about where your product stands
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Experience with weather technologies
- Experience in the digital media landscape
- Detail oriented and self-starter personality
- Versed in Agile product management methodology and tools
- Proven history of managing multiple product efforts simultaneously
- Spanish Language fluency (written and spoken) is a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.