Community Engagement Manager
- Full Time
Community Engagement Manager
Status: Full-time/Exempt/Project (Funded by a grant for up to 2-years)
The PBS KIDS Parent Engagement in Schools Project, a grant-funded initiative, is designed to further PBS KIDS’s efforts to help prepare all children for success in school by supporting and engaging the “Learning Ecosystem” (kids, parents, teachers, and community members). Under this project, PBS will collaborate with member stations to create tools, resources, and community building opportunities to support low-income parents and caregivers as they develop the cognitive and the social-emotional skills of their children ages 3 to 5.
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for guiding, collaborating with, and supporting member stations as they connect with local partners and engage with parents and caregivers. In addition this person is responsible for overseeing the research component of the project.
- Oversee the RFP process to identify three PBS stations with which to develop and pilot parent engagement initiatives;
- Assist stations in creating and implementing a parent engagement plan to connect families with PBS KIDS content, digital products, and other resources;
- Develop staff skills at all levels of the selected member stations to create a culture where engagement is seen as core to the station;
- Leverage the use of technology to gain efficiencies and enhance communication between PBS member stations and the local community;
- Provide consultation, training and assistance to station staff members on implementing parent engagement tools;
- Work with PBS stations to help them to identify and evaluate potential community partners and to aid in seeking solutions with partnerships as needed;
- Manage station convenings including the Innovation Conference;
- Determine research partner through an RFP process and manage research aspects of the project;
- Maintain accurate records and support the preparation of reports related to program activities;
- Collaborate with CME station relations team to manage a station advisory team that will advise on the digital distribution and local pilot programs;
- Collaborate with the content manager and CME station relations to conduct a station content audit.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of three years of professional experience and success working in partnership with local residents, community organizations, parents, and/or schools.
- Experience in social impact design, corporate community relations, project management, community organizing or other related areas.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of human services, social impact design, development, marketing, social work, public policy or related field.
- Project management skills: ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize, delegate, and to create systems and processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.
- Strong community focus in all tasks and activities.
- Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal organizational relations and external community interactions.
- Resourceful, self-directed, and a flexible team player.
- Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- General knowledge of and interest in young children and/or early childhood education preferred.
- Knowledge of PBS, PBS KIDS and public television preferred.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities