M&A Reporter - Industrials
- Full Time
Mergermarket, an Acuris company, is looking for a reporter to cover industrials M&A trends from our Los Angeles bureau.
Candidates should excel in off-diary reporting and be able to write clean copy fast.
The position centers on writing forward-looking articles delineating company growth strategies, and scooping the details of deals in progress. A background in finance or business journalism is preferred.
The successful candidate will regularly interview top executives, industry advisors and other dealmakers. He or she will also be able to read balance sheets, S-1 registration forms and other financial documents.
Self-starters who can work independently and within a team will move to the front of the line.
- Minimum of two years of professional journalism experience
- Demonstrated ability to break news
- A body of writing that reflects subject expertise
- Sharp interviewing skills and ability to develop sources
- Familiarity with finance and business strategies