The Penguin Random House Audio Publishing Group is looking for a Post Production Associate to facilitate the accurate and timely delivery of audiobook projects. The role will manage and deliver audio assets, maintain and archive materials for all company websites, and troubleshoot software and hardware issues. Our audiobooks have won 13 Grammy Awards, 69 Audie Awards, and 15 Odyssey Awards and we want you to become a part of our winning team!
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
* Verifying master file sets against specs and importing into the company archive.
* Uploading web samples.
* Distributing title metadata to internal and external groups.
* Addressing audio master errors, making audio edits, generating metadata.
* Editing and revising voice-only files using Pro Tools.
* Tracking projects and ensuring all deadline are met.
* Fulfilling additional audio media requests as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum of 1 year of experience with audio file handling, audio editing, and/or sound engineering
* A proven understanding of various audio file formats and their specs
* Knowledge of digital media formats, recording engineering, and post-production
* Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
* Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a large team
* Proficient with MAC and PC operating systems
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.