- Full Time
5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM TV and KXNW TV, is looking for a Weekend Anchor/Reporter.
We’re looking for a storyteller who can help grow our audience on-air and online. The right candidate must a passion for telling good stories and aggressively creating good content. You must enterprise significant local news stories and be able to write for broadcast and digital platforms. We’re looking for a leader who will help plan and execute winning weekend news coverage on-air and online.Responsibilities
- Become one of the primary personalities of the TV station
- Invest in ratings growth of the newscasts you anchor
- Plan and execute weekend news coverage
- The ability to turn a wide range of hard news stories quickly
- Must be able to shoot and edit video on non-linear programs (Final Cut Pro experience a plus)
- You will be expected to post stories to the web and social media everyday
- You’ll need a strong work ethic and the ability perform independently
- Outside of the regular work day, you’ll be expected to make public appearances on behalf of the station
- You’ll need a flexible approach to your work schedule, and be ready to work when news breaks
- Develop meaningful contacts and maintain those contacts to get information quickly
- Works closely with news producers – writing scripts, editing copy and creating show rundowns
- Will turn stories and enterprise new content for all weekend shows, as well as all other duties assigned by the producer and management
- You must be an aggressive news reporter, who can report live and handle breaking news in all kinds of conditions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Station Specific Duties:This person will anchor our Saturday and Sunday evening newscasts, help plan weekend assignments, enterprise and write weekend stories as assigned. You will also be responsible for keeping our website updated on weekends. Three days a week, you will be a general assignment reporter/MMJ, which may include shooting, editing and writing stories, daily live shots and web posting. You will also fill-in anchor as requested by management.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:A minimum of two years experience anchoring/reporting for a commercial television news operation. An above-average, demonstrable knowledge of television newscast production techniques and television news writing. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
Education Requirements:A four-year college degree in liberal arts, journalism or related field.
Additional Information:STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work-load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
#TBMBCompany InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV, and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel.