Digital Content Manager
- Full Time
Under the leadership of the Senior Vice President, Communications and Marketing, the Director Media Relations will be responsible for the development of Safe Horizon’s media relations (both traditional and online) strategy and will contribute to the achievement of Safe Horizon’s strategic plan. The Director Media Relations will develop a communications plan for Safe Horizon, directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s brand reputation. S/he will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a range of communications activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the agency and its leadership. The Director will enhance Safe Horizon’s brand image by increasing the agency’s positive impact and share of voice in local and regional media channels. The director will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build strong relationships with the media. The goal is to advance the organization’s position with relevant constituents, as well as to drive broader awareness and donor support for the organization
The Digital Content Manager (DCM) manages the organization’s digital media accounts, develops and executes all social media strategy with a focus on creating written and visual content and leveraging all digital marketing channels to inspire more support for Safe Horizon. The DCM will work out of the Marketing and Communications unit and their plans will support the unit’s goals which align with organizational priorities.
There are four key aspects to this position. The most important aspect is creating compelling and accurate content for social media and related content for other external. An extension of the first priority is creating visual content (graphics, photography and video) aligned to these themes. The third key aspect is creating social media advertising. And lastly, all the work should be informed by a solid grounding in social media best practices, trends and research.
- Establish processes and protocols that support Safe Horizon’s digital media properties and create systems for developing compelling content.
- Regularly monitor online conversations and news to identify opportunities and pitch ideas to the SVP to elevate Safe Horizon’s voice and key messages on digital media channels, including breaking news, celebrity engagement and more.
- Develop and pitch creative, compelling content, including graphics and video, to inspire Safe Horizon followers and drive advocacy and engagement. Help plan and oversee longer-term social media awareness campaigns.
- Increase following and engagement across digital medial channels.
- Provide real-time monitoring of the agency’s social media platforms to provide prompt responses, and if needed, prompt involvement of team for counsel.
- When needed, draft and edit longer-form writing for the website and email e-blasts that connects to social media content.
- Support on other tasks as needed
- Design engaging visual content for social media, including shareable graphics.
- Produce compelling photos of events, people and other subjects as needed.
- Produce and edit video content for both internal and external use.
Measuring, Reporting, Research
- Advise on the best mechanisms and approaches to tracking social media performance and provide regular reports for strategic guidance.
- Ensure all content (stories, photos, videos, etc.) files are archived in an organized and trackable manner.
- Act as the key point of contact for social media queries, including from people who might need Safe Horizon’s assistance.
- Provide engaging training and ongoing social media support to agency thought leaders so that they can be better ambassadors for the agency.
- Recruit and manage social media interns (when needed).
- Maintain our digital media technology (including phones, computers, cameras, microphones, lenses, etc.) and also train other staff in their use.
- Thorough understanding of related computer and systems for new media tools, preparing reports and overseeing operations.
- Experience creating and running social media advertising.
- Basic understanding of website content management on WordPress.
- Knowledge of issues facing victims of crime or abuse and/or experience working with vulnerable populations.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, social media or related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience using social media professionally, with experience creating and pitching content.
- Basic graphic design skills and video editing skills.
- Deep understanding of online and social media communities.
- Demonstrated success with new media campaigns.
- Experience creating the infrastructure and strategy to sustain vibrant and compelling social media channels.
- Proven ability to develop an authentic voice for organizations through creative thinking and writing.
- Ability to conceive, design and launch campaigns that align with strategic goals.
- Deep understanding of established and new social media technologies, analytics and functionality.
- Ability to make meaningful connections with staff across large local organization with national reputation.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines and in a very fast paced environment.
- Bilingual (fluent in spoken and written form) in language of a major New York ethnic group, other than English.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply